Last Updated: January 28, 2021
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit the Website and/or use our Product.
- For example, we collect information when you enter into an agreement with Rive as a customer, create or modify your profile and account, access and use the Service (including but not limited to when you upload, download, or share information), participate in any interactive features of the Service, submit a contact form, participate in a survey, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites. You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your account preferences, employer name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address), as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your account profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, information you provide may reveal your gender). We also store information that you upload or provide to the Services in order to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service.
Information Your Employer Provides to Us. We collect information about individual users from our corporate customers who employ them.
- For example, if your employer is one of our corporate customers, they may provide to us, either directly or via integration with their other systems, personal data about you, such as your name, email address, work postal address, phone number, and job title.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service. When you access or use the Service, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage, Log, and Device Information: We collect information from your use of the Service such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, and the referral URL. We monitor user activity in connection with the Service and may collect information about the features you use, the content you upload, download, share, or access while using the Service, the content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your content in the Service.
We may use the information collected through the Service for the limited purpose of providing the Service and related functionality and services for which Rive has been engaged. The information may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- Enable you to access and use the Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about Rive and our select partners;
- Process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Service and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent unauthorized access to the Service, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Service, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Service;
- Generate anonymized and aggregated analyses, benchmarks and statistics; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Additionally we may disclose personal data in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; or (c) act to protect the interests of our users or others.
Do Not Track. Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
- To Vendors, Consultants, and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, including companies that provide services such as cloud hosting and customer database software. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Rive.
- In Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) to enforce our agreements and policies; (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Service; (d) to protect Rive, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) as otherwise directed by you.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You may be notified thereafter via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- As Aggregated and/or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
Rive is headquartered in the United States and has employees and service providers who operate around the globe. Therefore, as a global business, Rive processes, hosts and transfers personal information in different countries, including in the United States. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Rive fully assesses the circumstances involving all cross-border data transfers and has appropriate safeguards in place to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy. Currently, Rive uses the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses as the basis for Rives’s approach to global data privacy protection. These Standard Contractual Clauses provide appropriate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and the exercise of the corresponding rights. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards where legally required with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Service. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Rive will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Rive will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at [email protected].
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Rive by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing [email protected] with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Service or those about your Product account or our ongoing business relations.
California Residents. In addition to the rights provided for above, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding whether we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To the extent we share your personal information in this way, you may receive the following information:
(a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
(b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights in relation to their personal information, subject to limited exceptions. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this California Privacy Rights section.
For personal information collected by us during the preceding 12 months that is not otherwise subject to an exception, California residents have the right to access and delete their personal information. We will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights. Specifically, if you exercise your rights, we will not deny you services, charge you different prices for services or provide you a different level or quality of services.
To the extent we sell your personal information to third parties, you also have the right to request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories of your personal information that we sold, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold. You have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information. We do not sell your personal information in our ordinary course of business and will never sell your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent.
If you are a California resident, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request to access or a request to delete on your behalf. We will respond to your authorized agent's request if they submit proof that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to be able to act on your behalf, or submit evidence you have provided them with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4000 to 4465. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf, or are unable to verify their identity.
In accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to [email protected].
We may place links on the Service. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our Website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Rive. We encourage you to review their privacy and user policies.
The Service is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use our website, products, or services.