Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: October 5, 2020
Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Acceptable Use Policies have the meanings assigned to them in our Terms of Service, Corporate Terms of Service, and Privacy Statement. For customers subject to the Corporate Terms of Service, "you" and "your" refer to "Customer" or "Users". "We", "us", "our" refer to "Rive".
You are responsible for using the Service in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and all of our Acceptable Use Policies. These policies may be updated from time to time and are provided below, as well as in our Terms of Service and Corporate Terms of Service.
Under no circumstances will Users upload, post, host, execute, or transmit any Content that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is or contains sexually obscene content;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- gratuitously depicts or glorifies violence, including violent images;
- is or contains false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information that is likely to adversely affect the public interest (including health, safety, election integrity, and civic participation);
- contains or installs any active malware or exploits, or uses our platform for exploit delivery (such as part of a command and control system); or
- infringes any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right.
While using the Service, under no circumstances will you:
- harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including our employees, officers, and agents, or other users;
- use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming or cryptocurrency mining), to place undue burden on our servers through automated means, or to relay any form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes;
- use our servers to disrupt or to attempt to disrupt, or to gain or to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, any service, device, data, account or network;
- impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with Rive, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
- violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
Scraping refers to extracting data from our Service via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler.
You may not scrape the Service for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling personal data, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
Misuse of User Personal Information is prohibited.
Any person, entity, or service collecting data from the Service must comply with the Rive Privacy Statement, particularly in regards to the collection of User Personal Information. If you collect any User Personal Information from the Service, you agree that you will only use that User Personal Information for the purpose for which that User has authorized it. You agree that you will reasonably secure any User Personal Information you have gathered from the Service, and you will respond promptly to complaints, removal requests, and "do not contact" requests from us or other users.
While we understand that you may want to promote your Content by posting supporters' names or logos in your Account, the primary focus of the Content posted in or through your Account to the Service should not be advertising or promotional marketing. This includes Content posted in or through Team or Organization pages, and all other parts of the Service. You may include static images, links, and promotional text in the README documents or project description sections associated with your Account, but they must be related to the project you are hosting on Rive. You may not advertise in other Users' Accounts, such as by posting monetized or excessive bulk content in issues.
You may not promote or distribute content or activity that is illegal or otherwise prohibited by our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy, including excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), get-rich-quick schemes, and misrepresentation or deception related to your promotion.
If you decide to post any promotional materials in your Account, you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's Guidelines on Endorsements and Testimonials. We reserve the right to remove any promotional materials or advertisements that, in our sole discretion, violate any Rive terms or policies.
Automated excessive bulk activity and coordinated inauthentic activity, such as spamming, are prohibited on Rive. Prohibited activities include:
- bulk distribution of promotions and advertising prohibited by Rive terms and policies
- inauthentic interactions, such as fake accounts and automated inauthentic activity
- rank abuse, such as automated starring or following
- creation of or participation in secondary markets for the purpose of the proliferation of inauthentic activity
- using Rive as a platform for propagating abuse on other platforms
- phishing or attempted phishing
Rive reserves the right to remove any Content in violation of this policy.
You must not engage in activity that significantly harms other users. We will resolve disputes in favor of protecting users as a whole.